Art has such a diverse role to play in our lives. Not only does it sheds light on the innovative and creative imagination of the artists, but it also transparently depicts human emotions and actions. Many artists delineate their feelings, thoughts, and experiences with the help of art. Although many forms of art are popular and used in various ways, visual art has gained much momentum in recent years.
There are many speculations about visual art or the application of the same in real life. This particular art form it’s more of a way for realistic expression that gives away the events that happened in real life with some level of innovation or creativity in the portrayal method. So, to help you understand visual art and its role in our daily lives, we have illustrated some essential facts about it. This will help you understand what this art form is or its classifications.
What is visual art?
Visual art is anything you can see in real life as an explanation of an event, human action or emotion, thoughts, a story, and so on. Although painting is one of the best ways to express visual art, sculpture has also been of equal importance, especially after the period of the Renaissance. During this time, several artists and sculptors presented their art in various ways in front of the entire world.
From Leonardo da Vinci’s painting Mona Lisa to Michelangelo’s designing the basilica of St Peter’s church, there have been several instances where artists have denoted human emotions, feelings, creativity, innovation, and several other facts through the form of painting, sculpture walk, stonework, and so on. Fast forward to the 21st century, artists have accepted the visual art form as a method through which events and stories can be described in a much more realistic way to ensure they resonate with people’s emotions and thoughts.
What are the types of visual art?
There are several visual art types that one needs to understand to know the depth of real life. To help you understand how visual art has formed an integral part of everyone’s life, we have briefly illustrated the types.
1. Fine art is mostly artwork with fitness, refinement, accuracy, and visual appeal as its four prime components. It can be a painting exemplifying someone’s portrait or a sketch of natural views or landscape. No matter what kind of painting it is or what is being described, fine art defines every single detail of the idea, artist, and creative mind through brush strokes, pencil sketches, colors chosen, and so on.
2. Decorative art is functional and visually pleasing for aesthetics. Art and craft is a form of decorative art where you use different objects like sequences, mirrors, papercuts, and so on to design something or form a structure with impeccable attraction and beauty. In addition, the crafted work can also be used for one or more purposes according to the structure which was made.
3. Last but not least, you have commercial art. From statues to cravings on the wall, there are several ways in which visual art can be used in commercial places. The beautiful angel statues on the roof of St Peter’s church exemplify commercial visual art. Similarly, The Last Supper or The Monalisa are two great examples of visual art used for commercial purposes.
What significance visual art has?
The significance of visual art is paramount. Not many can understand why artists usually try to create something so intricate, detailed, and refined as visual art. But the main reason artists do so is to explain their viewpoints, thoughts and emotions, experiences and speculations, and creativity through paintings, sculptures, and so on.
Following are some of the reasons why visual art is so important in the society of artists.
1. Visual art can easily perfectly define the human mind’s imperfections and thoughts.
2. It forms the fundamentals of reflections that humans experience or think. For example, if you consider the Monalisa, the way Leonardo da Vinci presented that smirk on their face represents his perception of women being a matter of intrigue.
3. In addition, visual art also forms a connection between eras and generations of artists. The sculptors and painters from the 16th and 17th centuries who exemplified visual art’s true meaning are still considered great minds because of their work.
Now that you are aware of the fundamentals of visual art, you can easily distinguish one when presented in front of you. Furthermore, with this article, you also know about the importance of visual art in our lives and can easily understand the point of view of the artist from which they paint these art forms.