Are you ready to dig into your slice of the travel nursing pie and get started on an assignment in “The Peach State?”
American Mobile Healthcare can help you get started on a travel nursing assignment in the beautiful state of Georgia. Gorgeous old houses, Southern charm, friendly people, history, quaint cities, and a bucolic countryside top the long list of Georgian attractions. Travel nurses also have the opportunity to visit bigger cities like Atlanta, Savannah, or Augusta -- as well as smaller communities like Jonesboro and Columbus. Whatever type of assignment you are looking for in Georgia, we can help you get there.
And don’t worry about the financial aspect. In most cases, American Mobile will reimburse you for the fees associated with obtaining your Georgia nursing license. Whether you are a newer nurse who is just launching your career or an experienced RN who is ready for a change of pace, Georgia could be the place for you!
How to Apply for Georgia Nursing License
The Georgia Board of Nursing licenses registered nurses by examination, endorsement, and reinstatement. The examination is for new graduates who do not yet hold an active license in another state. An endorsement is for candidates who have an active license in another state or jurisdiction. And finally, reinstatement is the licensing option for those who have been previously been licensed as an RN in the state of Georgia.
Documents Needed for Getting Your Georgia Nursing License:
- Completed application
- Signed photo taken within the last 6 months
- Copy of a current and active out of state license for temp (endorsement, renewal, or reinstatement only)
- Verification of original and active license (endorsement or reinstatement only)
- Verification of employment needed to demonstrate 3 months or 500 hours in the “practice of nursing” during the four years immediately preceding the date of application (endorsement, renewal, or reinstatement only)
- Fingerprinting results
- Notarized reinstatement application for renewal (renewal)
- Please note, for the exam licensing process, applicants who graduate from the Georgia Board of Nursing Approved Schools in the State of Georgia are not required to submit transcripts as part of the application process. Your nursing education program will submit the information to the Board electronically.
The Fees Include:
- $60 application fee
- $40 if by endorsement
- $65 renewal
- $90 reinstatement
How to Renew Your Georgia Nursing License
All Georgia nursing licenses expire on January 31 of even or odd-numbered years. For renewal, the nursing applicant must be able to document three (3) months or 500 hours of licensed practice as a registered nurse or graduation from a nursing education program within the four years immediately preceding the date of the current application.
The state of Georgia does participate in the NURSYS verification process for renewals and endorsements.
Georgia is an NLC State!
In 2017, the Georgia General Assembly passed legislation to allow the Georgia Board of Nursing to join the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) so this state is one of the newer members of the compact. For more information regarding the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact or to convert your current Georgia license to a multistate license please review the Georgia Board of Nursing website .
If you already hold an active NLC multistate license in another state, you can begin to practice in Georgia right away!
Get Your Georgia Nursing License Reimbursed!
With major, award-winning hospitals and smaller community settings, Georgia is a healthcare mecca with opportunities for travel nurses around every corner. Ready to take your nursing career to Georgia ?
Design your ideal job